Monday, February 20, 2012

Hair and Certainty

What I'm Reading:
James 1... it actually took me a while to decide.

Verses that stood out:
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Prayer:
LORD, I long to be a woman of wisdom. I feel you fulfilling your promise, I see it in my life circumstances, and it makes me happy. But sometimes I don't see a bigger picture yet and I get frustrated and hurt. Keep me seeing that my circumstances do not define You. Lord, lead me to some job. Show me where to apply and put my efforts. I'd really like that place in London, but I'm soooo under qualified. I'm half-tempted not to apply but I don't want to run away from something just because I'm afraid I might fail. That's just ridiculous.

Lord, I wish I felt as stable as James. He KNEW, without a doubt, that you'd come through. It isn't that I don't believe you'll come through, it's just that I'm still trying to figure you out, so I don't know what to expect. For years I thought I had you pinned... figured out, in a box, but the more of life I experience and the more I get to know you the more I realize i know NOTHING.

"Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your
life…the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they
wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don’t.
" Baz Lahrmann

Conclusion:
another day of applications. Today I cut Matt's hair... conclusion to that? I shouldn't be a hair stylist. ;-)

No comments: