Saturday, February 18, 2012

Camels and obesity

What I'm reading:
Deuteronomy 32

Why:
for a long time I've had a verse in mind but could never find it. Alas, all I had to do was type it in the biblegateway.... obviously.

What stood out:
15 Jeshurun grew fat and kicked;
filled with food, they became heavy and sleek.
They abandoned the God who made them
and rejected the Rock their Savior.

Thoughts:
Since this is the verse I was looking for, of course it's the one that stood out. I've been thinking a lot about what it means to be content in Christ, verses just being content. I have a lot. I live in a prosperous place, I have a loving husband, a relationship with God, good friends, a nice house, and more things that I could use. Still, there are things I pray for. I pray that we can afford to buy a bed (ours broke moving into the new house... it didn't fit up the staircase), we'd like to go on vacation, we'd like to get a dog, and I'd love not to have to worry about where the money for our bills will come from every month. But somehow God does provide. I guess it is just remembering that the prayer is, "give us this day our daily bread" not our "annual" bread.

prayer:
LORD, I have become fat and sleek. I'd love to have a break with learning through financial hardship, but if that is the easiest way to get my attention, please keep using it. There are things I care WAY more about that I'd rather stay as good as they are. Still, I'd really like to have some time where my marriage vows learned to live in "richer" rather than always being "poorer". ;-)

Song stuck in my head:
I will always love you by Whitney Houston, and not just because she passed away. I've had it stuck there for a while, I guess it was a good thing Glee did it too.

Conclusion:
I wish I could live an existence of wealthiness and be able to "pass through the eye of a needle." or something like that.

No comments: