Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Note Regarding Stress:

I am not a stressful person. Well... correction: I do not act like a stressful person. I have it stuck in my head that my stress causes other people stress, which is completely true, but somehow that translates to me how I cannot be stressed because I do not want to cause stress to those around me. And though it would be lovely not to ever cause anyone else's life to be more stressful than necessary, I believe I possess an unhealthy level of not wanting to inconvenience people. This idea in my life surfaces on many different levels, but it has recently become more unhealthy than normal and has brought my life to a crashing low.

I am probably not very stressful by nature. I don't mind things being out of order, or a bit untidy. Being a few minutes late doesn't bother me too much, and I really am pretty casual about most things in life. But, I find that I can freak myself out over little things that really wouldn't ever bother anyone else.

I have made a vow never to bother anyone else if at all possible. And finally, it is coming back to haunt me.

I like people to ask me to do things. Sometimes I can be unobservant and don't realize what can be done, but if someone asks then I can help. If they don't ask, I might not help. So why can I not ask someone else for help?

It is a mindset that needs changing...

No comments: