Monday, July 7, 2008

Update-ish

My last post was in October of last year, that makes is 9 months between posts, but hopefully I can get better at being more scheduled at it. I suppose a short review of life in the past few months is in order.

The next significant point in my life after the last post was my breakup with my then-boyfriend, John. This was in January, about 7 months ago. The day after I got on a plane and moved to England. Stepping off the plane at Heathrow in London was possibly the scariest moment in my life. I got off the plane and through airport security and realized that I did not know a single person on the same continent as me. I was all alone. And with that terrifying thought I took a deep breath and set out into the the second biggest adventure of my life thus far. Mid-January I moved into my single room hall, Lasdun Hall at Gilbert Murray Stamford, in Leicester, England, which I was kindly helped into by the greatest hall-mates an international student could ever wish for. The next week this group of friends went out of their way to introduce me to the Christian group I had been looking for on Campus, The Navigators. I am a part of The Navigators, a Christian group at the University of Arizona, and it was because this campus also had a Navigator group that I had decided to go to Leicester over all the other Universities that UofA had connections with. I joined Navs in England and my life started going uphill from there.  

Since moving to Europe God has radically changed my life.  All these changes will probably be addressed in subsequent postings.  Unfortunately, I have to return to my country of origin at the end of this month after 8 months of traveling across Europe (MAR MAR MAR).  We'll see how that goes.

As of now I am living in the Netherlands as a missionary learning about how God exists and grows in people's hearts in a post modern world.  Very interesting.

No comments: