Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Big World... too much to think about.

Right now I should be on a plane to Mexico. Unfortunately, with having fundraising, moving, cleaning, getting my visa, seeing my friends, being sick, and being absurdly poor on my mind, I forgot that when I sent my passport to California to let the Brits put a UK passport in it, that I would need that same passport to get into/back out of Mexico later that week.

damn.

It was one of those thoughts that didn't even cross my mind. Which got me thinking about other thoughts, that until recently, have never crossed my worried mind. And trust me, it's full.

My brother, and one of my most beloved friends, is doing something very brave, especially considering his age. He is looking to buy a business. He wants to become an entrepreneur. To own his own coffee shop. Unfortunately, it costs money that he doesn't have.

His venture has gotten me thinking a lot about my own financial future. Yes, right now I am fundraising for my salary, but I highly doubt this will be the case forever. And eventually I'd like to have some amount of financial stability in my life. But does financial stability mean physical stability? or emotional or spiritual stability? Is there a career I could do and travel all over the world still? oh, but I guess I'd like to get married and all that...

humph... I guess one day I'll do the adult thing... lol. maybe.

1 comment:

Carolin Schoeller said...

hola liz,

i do agree - sometimes i really wouldn't mind bit more stability in my life, either!! but then i love being the person i am at the moment - a full on globetrotter!

on a different note, i actually think that what you're doing is more of an "adult thing" than you think! i have so many friends that still live at home &with their parents in their mid-twenties, which is definitely alright for them - but travelling and experiencing life in different countries does make you grow up a lot and see the world from a different angle!

and we still have plenty of time to settle and be boring =)

Caro xx