Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Not Sober Enough to Say: No, Not Drunk Enough to Say: GO AWAY!

So I honestly believe that a person is their truest self when intoxicated. haha... Maybe this is a foolish perception, and if you disagree I would love to hear an argument against it, but I think that the person you are drunk is a very close resemblance of who you are at your core.

Of course this could just be me. And if that is the case, I'm completely ok with it. When intoxicated I become the girl I was when I was much younger, a time when I had more self confidence, and (though sometimes this is not such a good thing) less self-restraint. I become the life of the party, fun-loving, outgoing, and very, and sometimes brutally, honest. My sober self is much more reserved. Not that I wish I were this other girl more of the time, if this were the case I would just change, but if I could choose a person to be after a beer or two, the person I am isn't far from my ideal. This may be why I don't find it horrible to say that I believe a root core of oneself is expressed while slightly intoxicated.

However, I think people who are "sad drunks" generally feel differently. They find intoxication a time to lament those things which they generally keep bottled. I still think this is in true form of who they are, but just like me and my reserved "sober self", they hide their sadness from a society which believes that sadness is one of the least acceptable emotions.

I believe people who are truly sad become more depressed when drunk, I believe people who are angry become more angry, truthful people become more honest and happy people become more outgoing. Deep people contemplate more, horny people try to hook up, weird people just get weirder, people who are hiding who they really are let loose, and responsible people end up remembering everything in the morning and making sure everyone got home alright from the night before.

Of course I have just a few days under a year of experience with alcohol.... This is simply what I have observed in 363 days... and I could very easily be totally off base
:-D

No comments: